Sometimes, the fun, adrenaline-inducing activities in life can also make us fearful. But fear stops us from enjoying new and exciting experiences. Before I rode a jet ski for the first time, I was filled with excitement, but my nerves were also quite high. So before you ride a jet ski for the first time, here are a few things you should know.
Whether you’re totally new to jet skiing, or you’ve ridden a few times, these tips should be insightful and will keep you safe while you’re having fun.
1) Keep the Jet Ski Straight!
Beginner jet ski riders usually look down at the handlebars while driving, which makes it more difficult to keep the jet ski straight. Instead of looking down, lift your gaze up and look off into the distance. This will allow you to drive straight and enjoy your trip.
2) Don’t take your finger off the throttle when turning.
In order to turn, you need some speed. In the case of an emergency, if you need to turn away from something, keep your speed up and steer away. Not using the throttle or slowing down diminishes your ability to steer.
3) Prepare to get wet.
Even if you do not fall in the water, you’ll likely get wet while driving a jet ski from riding against waves with a powerful machine. That’s all part of the fun! It’s a good idea to wear a bathing suit underneath your life vest, or bring a change of clothes.
Now that you have mastered these tips you’re ready to hit the waters with us on a jet ski tour you’ll never forget!
You either heard of the thrilling experience a jet ski ride entails or you saw people riding these powerful water machines around you, and you’re wondering if you should give it a try. Here is why you should:
Why Rent a Jet Ski?
When it comes to waters sports, jet ski rentals are on the top of the list, among tourists and locals alike. This is because beach days can get boring if you simply sit around all day. Jet skis bring joy and exhilaration to beach experiences, changing up your regular routing and giving you a dose of adrenaline.
Renting a jet ski is a thrilling experience, no matter your previous experience. Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or have never ridden a motor vehicle before, a jet ski allows you to experience speed and excitement without much prior knowledge of driving.
Because of the jet ski’s small size and power, you can go to places that bigger boats are unable to go. Simply direct the handlebar – and go!
Especially when the weather is good, which in places like Dubai almost always is the case — riding a jet ski can be particularly enjoyable. Hot weather is not a burden because with speed, you without a doubt will feel a fresh breeze on your skin and in your hair.
The Benefits of Jet Ski Rental:
- It releases endorphins and adrenaline, which are responsible for making you feel happy.
- It helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- It improves your endurance through physical activity (however, no prior physical endurance is required).
- You can relax on the beach, get some sun, and ride a jet ski all in the same day.
- You don’t have to worry about owning a jet ski and the responsibility that comes with it because all you have to do is rent.
- You don’t have to deal with the upkeep, repair, and insurance of the jet ski — we do all that to ensure your safety on the water.
- Getting a yummy meal after a jet ski ride is extremely satisfying. La Mer has plenty of options.
- You can book everything online!
If you feel convinced by the benefits of jet ski rides – check out our jet ski rentals and guided tours and experience the joy of jet ski rides yourself.